Minutes July 16, 2017

Minutes of the Board of Directors Meeting

Marie discussed the Firewise committee meeting they had on July 7th.   They do have a bid for $2000 a day to clear the underbrush. The board has access to get rid of limbs for 2 years and chips can be brought up by the lake.  


CALLED TO ORDER: by Mark Sexton at 9:50 a.m. 

PRESENT: Mark Sexton, Doug Cash, Tim Slater, and Don McCuiston

EXCUSED: Leslie Dempsey

VOTING STATUS: All board members present are in good standing. Quorum

APPROVAL of MINUTES: Cash made a motion to approve the 6/17/17 BOD minutes. Don seconded. Passed.

COMMUNICATIONS: Firewise made a presentation and their letter is attached. 


FINANCE: Leslie is absent. The financials are on budget.

ADMINISTRATION: Tim made a motion to approve the AGM material including the ballot with the clarification to the newsletter that there are two open positions and confirming Don’s position. Cash seconded. Passed.

COMMUNICATION AND PLANNING: Don discussed having cameras. There are kids trespassing by the backhoe. He talked to Pogozone about using LISE sites but it has to be at a high point and not by the water. Also discussed the phone bill and using prepaid phones for about $80.00. Cash discussed whether the coverage is the same and would be willing to try it for a month since we are not in a contract with Verizon. Also discussed mobile banking and whether it is an option with Key Bank. Kevin and Isaac will start cleaning up the entrance sign to Scenic Estates. Isaac and Don will check into prices for the cameras. 

OPERATION: Cash said they are ready to begin on the ramp. Will have to set it aside until after crabbing season. Discussed limbing the cedar tree and renting  a chipper to have volunteers start clearing the brush. Also talked about bringing in some sand and clearing out the lake. Cash made a motion to have Richie and Dave donate and bring in some sand. Don seconded. Passed.

Cash made a motion to move forward to Firewise the community using volunteers and employees as available. Don seconded. Passed.

Cash discussed Glenda putting in her resignation and having Isaac take on Glenda’s responsibilities to give the Board time to find a replacement.

Action items: Need to appoint a new corporate secretary. The board will post an ad.

New items: None

Tim made a motion to have the next BOD meeting scheduled after the AGM at 4:00 p.m. Don seconded. Passed.

The next board meeting is scheduled for August 26 at 4:00 p.m.

Meeting adjourned at 11:15 a.m.