Kevin Southworth, Operations Manager
During this month we completed the following projects:
- Submitted the annual DOH Water Use Efficiency Report.
- Identified and replaced a faulty meter that had failed due to freezing exposure. We also audited all customer meter readings to confirm all meters are functional.
- Completed leak repair at the Marina blow off valve.
- Removed pump-back pump from well for repair.
- Clubhouse and deck prep for painting (ongoing).
- Repaired damaged antenna for Master Meter computer.
- Reduced scrap pile at storage shed with approximately $400 scrap value.
On June 22 Jolyn Leslie, DOH Regional Engineer, presented Scenic Estates with the Gold Certificate of Achievement for achieving water turbidity optimization goals for 10 years (2008-2017).
There was an apparent break-in at the Maintenance Shop on June 8 when the LISECC modem and router went missing. The modem has been replaced and security cameras will be installed soon.
Water Usage (in gallons)
Net pumped 428,810
Net to distribution 423,810
Residential meters 322,730
Unaccounted for water 101,080
Percentage of loss 24%